(Psalms 90:12-17, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15, John 14:23-26)
Many Christians make the mistake of thinking that only the works done on the altar or pulpit are God’s work. Every faithful child of God has his or her divine assignment. Everyone has divine assignments in the family, at work, at school, among friends etc. Whatever field or aspect in life you find yourself in, work to honor God such that you ensure you do everything according to His plan. So, see every opportunity to do good things as God’s work and do all you are opportune to do as unto the Lord – faithfully.
This is why it is good to seek God’s plan in and for everything you are doing. Read the Word of God, prayerfully meditate on those biblical heroes and heroines who work faithfully before God. Also, learn from the mistakes of those who did not build according to God’s plan. As you do this, the Lord will commission you for a higher assignment and speak clearer to you for guidance. So, one thing we must hold dearly is doing everything we do according to God’s plan.
Ultimately, everybody’s life is a work in progress. Seek God’s will, plan, and obey it. In so doing, you will be able to build your life according to God’s plan. We are fortunate to read about past Biblical heroes and heroines but during their time they never knew that their lives (mistakes and successes) would be lessons and teachings for future generations. Remember that the greatest and ultimate reverence of all God’s plan is the Bible, the unfailing and unfading work of God!
May the Lord guide us all in and according to His plans for our lives, in Jesus name.
1) Thank the Holy Spirit for teaching and helping you to hunger for the fulfillment of God’s plan.
2) Pray for a faithful heart (building with God’s plan is not by how good you are but how faithful you are).
3) Pray to be steadfastly connected to Jesus, the Master Planner, the Source.
4) Pray about deliberate obedience.
5) Pray to do God’s work to a point of great reward before Him.
6) Pray for continued hunger to rely on the Holy Spirit and work according to His plan faithfully.