(Matthew 11:27-30, Jeremiah 6:16, Hebrews 3:7-15)
Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
The rest that the Lord promises in Matthew 11:27-30 is conditional on submission and obedience to Him.
The Lord says, “Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”. When He says “Come unto me…”. He followed the calling with a promise, “…I will give you rest”. However, the promise was followed by the condition “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart…”
It was after this, the Lord reemphasized His promise, “… and you shall find rest unto your souls”.
Then He persuades us further, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” See how His divine love is persuading us with the truth and reality that His leading is the best for us.
“7. Therefore (as the Holy Spirit says, Today if you will hear his voice,
8. Harden not your hearts, as in the rebellion, in the day of testing in the wilderness:” (Hebrews 3:7-8)
See your obedience to the Lord as simple as He instructs you. Obey Him first before asking if His mercy can change His initial instruction. As against many teachings of our days, without first obeying Him, mercy we not prevail. Remember, Romans 6:1-2 says, ” What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid…”
So brethren, He that promised rest is faithful but the “one” thing we must embrace is “Just Obey”. “And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform” (Romans 4:21). His responsibility is to fulfill His promise, it is not our responsibility. Our own responsibility is “Just Obey”. May the grace to obey be released upon us all in Jesus name.
Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land:
1) Father, I need the grace for the willingness to obey, release it into my life, in Jesus name.
2) Lord, it is one thing to be willing and yet not obeying. Please Lord give me the grace to faithfully obey You, in Jesus name.
3) Father, give me the grace to find obedience to You as easy as You have promised, in Jesus name. “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
4) Abba Father, I do not want to view obedience to You as You being inconsiderately difficult. Please help me with the grace to find obedience to You pleasurable.
5) Now Lord, put enmity between me and disobedience and give me Your grace to see DISOBEDIENCE as evil, in Jesus name.