(Romans 12:2, 1 Timothy 1:1-20,
2 Peter 2:1, Luke 6:39-45, Matthew 12:33-37, Matthew 11:29, Psalms 51:10)
16 No man puts a piece of new cloth onto an old garment, for that which is put on to fill it up takes from the garment, and the tear is made worse. 17 Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins: else the wineskins break, and the wine runs out, and the wineskins perish: but they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
Doing or wanting to carry out divine assignment with an untransformed mind is a danger “…else the wineskins break, and the wine runs out, and the wineskins perish” (Matthew 9:17b). It is dangerous to others as much as to oneself (James 3:1). When one struggles with obeying the Lord, he/she needs to cry to Jesus for a transformed heart. When being righteous is like a burden to our nature, then one needs to kneel before the Lord seeking His help. When one struggles with certain behaviour born with or learnt in the past, which the Lord is pointing at for a complete transformation (sanctification, new heart, heart of righteousness), the way out is tarrying before the Lord for His help. Just taken a decision is not enough, deliberately being honest with the Lord as you seek His help is critical. When you receive His help the comfort and ease to sin leave you (and will no longer be a struggle). The attraction to transgressions changes to hatred of transgressions. Obedience to God subconsciously comes from where disobedience used to subconsciously comes from in you. Seek the Lord’s face till you receive His help. I pray that the mercy and grace of the Lord be sufficient for you, in Jesus name.
1) Holy Spirit, in Jesus name, open my eyes to see who I am before You and not who I think I am before You.
2) Lord, help me to seek and receive Your help concerning every iniquity you are pointing at in my life, in Jesus name.
3) Holy Spirit, help me not to be disobedient or unyielding to Your corrections, in Jesus name.
4) Holy Spirit, give me the patience and humility to be made fit for Your purpose, calling and tasks, in Jesus name.
5) Lord, as I seek for my joy in You to be full, help me to make You joyful in me, in Jesus name.