(Ruth 1:14-18, Proverbs 2:1-5, 2 Timothy 3:14-15)
1) (Loving to follow Christ and not by compulsion): Lord Jesus, help me to know and genuinely love following You.
2) (Matthew 19:29)(Forsaken all for Christ): Lord, I pray for a sincere heart that forsakes all for Your sake, in Jesus name.
3) (Joshua 7:1, Joshua 8:2)(Following Jesus Christ without laying claim to reward but mercy): Jesus, help me to put my focus on You and not the reward I receive for following You.
4) (1 Corinthians 4:6-7)(Believing that when others “celebrate” you it is by God’s favor, compassion, mercy, grace, and because He glorifies you at that time, not because of what we are capable of. Since what we are capable of are as installed and instilled in us and as we respond to divine leadings): Father, sanctify my heart so that I do not get puffed up because You chose to glorify Yourself in me, in Jesus name.
5) (John 15:16) Lord Jesus, thank You for giving me a heart that loves You.