(Psalms 130; Psalms 32; James 5:16a,19-20)
Do you think it is peculiar to only you?
No, it is the nature of the fallen man.
Maybe if Adam and Eve had confessed their sins it would have been better with everyone today. Cain, as well, did not confess his sin before God.
1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Unconfessed sins can lead to
1) Troubled mind/life
2) Delayed prayers
3) Physical or spiritual death
Unconfessed sins leads to hell.
Ultimately, we should confess our sins to God. After this, comes peace of mind. Nevertheless, if there are no peace despite your confessing to Him, seek Him further with genuine repentance and fervent prayers. If yet, your heart is still troubled. Then, there may be needs to confess to others. Here, a critical question is, who is reliable enough to help me with my confession? To answer this, go to the Lord in prayer. Ask the Lord to guide and lead you to the appropriate person. Most times we make the mistakes of picking who to confess to based on our human perception. Usually this ends us up with the wrong person that makes us fall into more condemnation.
Despite that, unconfessed sins hurt us, we silently continue to groan under the burdens. This is because it is difficult for us to defeat them – most times. Some of the reasons that keep us in this struggle are:
5) Addiction to sins
Please, follow this ways for victory.
1) genuine repentance
2) living by the word of God
3) fasting and fervent prayers
4) faith in the redemptive cruxificion of Jesus and the cleansing power of His blood
Above all, choose to trust Jesus than your accuser – the devil!
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
1) Oh Lord, open my heart to know my wretchedness.
2) Lord Jesus, if there is any unconfessed sin in me open it up for me to know.
3) I have no power of my own, Holy Spirit, help me.
4) Every power of hell over my soul is destroyed, in Jesus name.
5) Every agenda of hell over my soul is destroyed, in Jesus name.