(1 Peter 2:22-24, Mark 15:34, Matthew 27:27-43, Hebrews 2:9)
Mark 15:34, And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
This was at the peak of the Lord’s suffering for us. At this time, His physical body could no longer bear the burden and in a short while, he gave up the ghost.
It is worth knowing that at His time of suffering, He did not suffer as the Son of God, per se. At this time, the guilt of everyone had been transfered to Him. The Father, whose eyes cannot behold iniquities has taken His eyes away from His Son. Why? Then, Jesus has carried the burden of sinners’ guilt. He had being clothed with our unrighteousness. And the worst suffering for the worst sinners was meted to Him. Yes, really it was unbearable!
He suffered for me and for you. He took our place in judgements-before religious hypocrites and the representative of evil forces. We must always stay in this truth and not let his suffering be for nothing over our lives.
1 Peter 2:16, As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God
Hebrews 2:9, But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man
1) Lord Jesus, thank You for taking my place in judgment.
2) Lord Jesus, thank You for the liberty You brought for me and my household.
3) Lord, may I not use this freedom as a stumbling stone to others, in Jesus name.
4) Lord, by Your great mercy, grant me the grace to be fruitful with this liberty, in Jesus name.
5) In Jesus name, I will not fall away from this liberty.