(Psalms 70, Joshua 10, Joshua 11:20)
If the Lord would not send His help, human race would have been consumed. However, His help do not come without a need for it. If it seems out of place or out of time, it only appears so before a cold heart that has given self-sufficiency a place to roost. He withholds His help when we think our efforts, strength, understanding, knowledge or experience is enough. God withdraws His help if because of self-sufficiency we become unconscious of the availability of His Help.
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
If His help will come to us, we must first be aware of where in our lives needs His help. Likewise, we must be aware of how (much) we are helpless. Is it that we are becoming helpless or just realizing how helpless we have always being? We must really search to the lowest depth for us to be able to give in to His help for our lives. If the Lord has helped us with grace for humility, it will make us submit quickly. In complete surrender, we will then cry out, “oh Lord, without much search, I know who I am. I am that wretched that I need your help quickly”.
The help you get from other people will not be useful until the Lord Jesus come personally to help you. Will you pray with me that, “Lord I am only seeing my sufficiency, open my eyes so that I will see where I am wretched”. “Come, oh Lord and help me to know that I am helpless”. “Open my eyes to see how indispensable Your help is to my life.
Only those who were in this state of consciousness experienced the move of God – in the conquest of the canaanland. They became part of God’s victory. They saw the migthiness of God’s help in defeating and conquering the former inhabitants of Canaanland.
God is the Help for the helpless. He is the only one that helps without disappointment. Without His help, help from man is futile. I pray His help will be released in to your life abundantly in Jesus name.
1) Lord, have mercy upon me according to Your great lovingkindnesses (Psalms 51:1)
2) Lord, give me zeal to fulfil Your will and manifest Your glory, according to Your word, in Jesus name (John 2:17)
3) Lord, release divine strength into my spirit, body and soul, in Jesus name (Proverbs 24:10)
4) Father send Your help from above into my life, in Jesus name (Joshua 10:11)
5) Fire of the Holy Spirit, swallow up every gathering of my enemies, in Jesus name.