(Romans 6: 1-23, Proverbs 6:27, 1 Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Corinthians 6:18, 1 Corinthians 10:14)
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid…
The Lord is addressing the issue of wanting to stop sinning but not stopping it. Wishing to stop sinning but not practicalising the longing to leave it. We cannot continue to pray for grace all because we are in the dispensation of grace and not take a leap out of sinful nature. We will not claim a living hope in Jesus our Lord and yet remain in a lifestyle staying glued to sins.
If a house is on fire with one in the burning house, will it be enough for us to continue shouting for help without jumping up, taking a leap and dashing to the nearest escape route? No matter how sorrowful we are about the terror of being burnt, if we remained seated, standing or squatting in the proximity of the danger; one will be burnt to death. Sin is a destructive fire; it destroys lifes, works, good plans and every good thing. If we are too indecisive to take a drastic step away from sinful nature then we are putting ourselves right into the peril and destruction in fire (condemnation). No wonder, hell fire is the end to all sinners.
Proverbs 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
Bible stand is so critical on becoming holy, godly and making heaven. It says flee from sin (1 Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Chorinthians 6:18, 1 Corinthians 10:14) . Cut off every connection to sin (Matthew 5:29-30). Get away from the life of sin. Above all die to sin (Romans 6:10-11).
Only dying to sin will see the Lord showing up for our help. This is practical manifestation of God’s grace, giving us disinterest and burning hatred for the nature of sin. Lord’s grace is not the privilege to stay longer in sinful ways and livestyle. It is not like a tax holiday or waiver. It is the extraordinary power of God for us to be able to resist sin which our natural power cannot. It turns our desire for sin to hatred for the life of sin. It turns the joy derives from sin to sadness, that one will not want anything to do anymore with sin.
Romans 6:2 …How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer in it?
3 Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Remove hands, feet, eyes and every concerned body part away from sin in the power of grace available in this dispensation of grace through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
1) That I will not be free from sin is devil’s deceit and lie, I challenge and defeat you with the blood of Jesus and His finished works on the cross; fail over my life, in Jesus name.
2) The power and plans of the devil to frustrate Lord Jesus works of salvation for me is destroyed totally by the fire of the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus, in Jesus name.
3) I begin to live a life that takes me away from the highway to hell in Jesus name.
4) I submit to the power of grace of the Lord Jesus, I flee, run and stop every form of sins, in Jesus name.
5) Power of salvation in the Holy Spirit, deliver me from the servitude to sin completely in Jesus name.