Scholars might claim that Jesus was not born on December 25th, but more importantly, the remembrance of this season has gone a long way to always remind us more about our Lord Jesus Christ and the reason for His birth. Not only reminding the Christians but also the whole world; unbelievers included. Till the end of this world, no force will be strong enough to terminate it both from within or without. Hallelujah!
Joy to the world the Lord is born…
One can imagine why Joseph and Mary would be too late to secure an accommodation, what else could be more responsible than a pregnant woman who was close to her delivery time? The upright foster father (Matthew 1:19) and the favoured virgin mother (Matthew 1:23) . What a wonderful couple! These are the kinds, God looks to and fro for, in other to manifest Himself.
2Ch 16:9a For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
Please, we should also let God count on us too.
In this season, please we should not let our Christmas lights only be the man-made light but should be more of the glory of God shining brightly in our homes and in our hearts.
Our faith should not be in the throwing of bangers but in explosive prayers that keep the enemies running away.
We should not just go for visitations of friends and family but we should also take the goodnews to everyone as proclaimed by the angels.
We should not just let our joy this season be the clothes we put on, the money we spend, special foods we eat, how fun filled our visitations are but we should let it be about the joy of the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. The reason for the season!
After asking and getting several gifts from our Lord for this season, let us think about what we can give back to Him as our myrrh, frankincense and gold. No better gifts can we give to our Saviour than godliness, righteousness, faith, prayerfulness, meditation in the word of God – the word of life, abounding greatly in godly love and holding on more to the second coming of our Christ and Messiah. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be on us all!
1) Lord Jesus let me know You, as the reason for this season, in spirit and in truth.
2) Your birth was a wonder, Lord Jesus manifest Your wonders in my home and life this season.
3) You came to save the world, Jesus do not let me and my loved my ones miss this great gift and grace.
4) In this season Father send your messengers of goodnews to me according to Your purpose and goodwill, in Jesus name.
5) Oh Lord, You, save us from destruction and judgement.
Knowing the Christ in Christmas
- Being God’s Instrument of Prais... — (2 Chronicles 5:11-14, Psalms 145:2, Psalms 144:9, Psalms 61:5-8, Psalms 69:30) 1) Lord, may my life be an instrument of Your praise, in Jesus name. 2) Holy Spirit release the power of praise into me, in Jesus name. 3) Lord open my spiritual eyes to see Your praise in all of Your works, in Jesus [...]
- God’s Care is Marvelous and His... — (Isaiah 18:8,Isaiah 54:17,Luke 21:15,Micah 7:8-20,Psalms 23:1,Zechariah 2:5,Psalms 119:98-100) 1)I receive the divine wisdom that confounds my enemies in Jesus name. 2)I receive the grace to be humble and honest before God at all time, in Jesus name 3)In Jesus name, I receive the divine manifestation that cannot be frustrated by the world systems and human [...]
- How Much of God’s Love is Refle... — (1 Corinthians 13, Proverbs 10:12, 1 Peter 4:8, Phillipians 2:1-5) 1) Father, open my heart to understand what Your love means, in Jesus name. 2) Lord, open my eyes to see the true revelation of Your love, in Jesus name. 3) Oh Lord, let Your love become the platform on which I stand, in Jesus [...]
- REGRET:The Testimony of a Man that Ne... — (Ecclesiastes 2:1-end, Luke 15:11-24, Ecclesiastes 12:12-13, Psalms 32:8-9) 1) Lord Jesus, may I not neglect You in my doings. 2) Lord, May I not stray away from Your presence in pursuit of a life of regret in Jesus name (Luke 15:12-13). 3) Have Your way in my life oh Lord, guard me that the spirit [...]
- Take Heed to How You Hear and Grow wi... — (Matthew 13:1-53, Luke 8:4-18) Obviously, the passage before us now is the parable of the sower but more importantly our focus in this, is about our need to pay attention to how we hear and grow with the word of God. By how we hear, we mean: 1) if Jesus is talking to us in [...]